Friday, August 31, 2012


Christopher Turns One!!
      I can't believe my baby boy is turning one in a couple days! There are so many things I want to remember about your first year of life....like the all the sounds you make (we've named them Christopher Noises...somewhere between grunting and cackling), the way you get so excited to see Nicholas in the morning, how you scrunch up your nose when you smile as if you know I can't say no to that face. There are times I feel like this year flew by (and times I feel like you should be 20).
     I am so impressed by the way the smallest thing on the floor will end up in you mouth, how you manage to eat  that much sand at the beach and look as though you enjoy it, and by how you always enjoy playing with everything but your toys. I love your little personality and am excited to watch you grow up into the Man God wants you to be. Happy Birthday Baby Boy! You keep us on our toes!!












1 comment:

  1. Happy 1st Birthday to my darling, Christopher!

    For this child we prayed....

    It was only yesterday we took you home from the hospital. God has faithfully blessed us with His precious gift from above. Who knew you would fill our lives with so much love? What a joy you are to behold, your sweet smile greets everyone you meet, while you're getting quite good on your feet. You love music and Thomas, and why shouldn't you, our little Sir Tophand Hat! Your face is angelic, your eyes full of wonder, with brown bobbing curls, chubby little fingers, and little pooh belly. You know just what button to push to make your toy train go 'round....your face beaming with delight splashing me in the pool all summer to look like a fright. It's a treat watching you eat: cheerios, pasta, your first cupcake on your birthday. Big brother, Nicholas showers you with kisses while you look up at him with admiration. You hold out your arms to me, as I lovingly hold you, my little Pooh bear, in mine. What a feeling to rock you to sleep as you nuzzle your head in the crook of my neck, feeling you breathe, hearing you sigh. I put away your Pooh snow globe, tuck you in and pray over you for God to continue to bless you and protect you in every way, be your All-in-All, your heart one day aligned with His. May He keep His precious little lamb safe in the palm of His hand, walking beside you all your days. You are the apple of His eye....fearfully and wonderfully made.
    I thank God for you, and will love you always & forever. Happy Birthday, my precious baby boy,
    Your Nana Anna XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete